Food License Registration Procedure
FSSAI has a very simple procedure for registration and licensing of your business.It just takes 4 steps:
- Fill up our short questionnaire.
- Get our consultation about your need that whether you need a Registration or a License.
- Provide all necessary documents.
- We will fill your application form according to your eligibility and file it with the FSSAI authority.
Get Food License
Procedure for checking eligibility for Certificate or License
- First, you have to check whether you are eligible for FSSAI Registration, FSSAI State License or FSSAI Central License.
- Then you have to provide the serial number, name and all other information which have been asked by the department.
- You can operate in more than one premise or unit and work in multiple districts or states.
- The final step is to check your eligibility.
The Procedure of Food License Basic Registration
- Every FBO needs to have a working contact number and an active E-mail address. This is regarding contact purpose.
- Mention the name of your Food business with correct spells. It will be printed on your license.
- After the successful submission of your application, you will get a system generated unique reference ID which is to be written in every application.
- The next step is the Fee payment. Print your acknowledgment and online application form and Make a Demand Draft(DD) of the specific amount.
- You will get your registration certificate within 15-25 days of successful submission of application.
The Procedure of Food License State Registration
- After checking your eligibility, if you found that you are eligible for multiple licenses, then you can apply for state license individually.
- If you are falling into the category of state license, you will be automatically directed to the state licensing page. There, you have to fill out the complete application.
- The procedure for a state license is very similar to that of the central license given above. You have to fill out the application along with the category of food in the same way.
- You will receive the license by post to your business address within 30 days.
The Procedure for Central License Application
- Based on your eligibility, if you found eligible for the central license, you will be redirected to the central licensing page. There you have to fill out the complete application.
- Make sure that the name of the food products that you have listed must be approved products as per FSS act 2006.
- If you want to add a new product, then click on the ‘select food category’ and from the drop-down menu, select the food category.
- You can upload the form using the electronic signature. You can also download a copy of the form.
- Now, at last, you will be asked the duration for which you want the license, select the appropriate option.
- You will receive the license by post in 25-30 days.